Welcome to Social Brew a regular, curated post full of links you can check out while having your morning coffee. Social Brew is mainly links about social media, content marketing, writing, and other stuff that is interesting, relevant, newsworthy, helpful or just plain cool.
This Week’s Inspiration:
“One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple.” – Jack Kerouac
Links I Loved Last Week:
- This list of IFTTT Recipes for Marketers from Seer Interactive is one of the best I’ve seen yet.
- 26 great tips from Social Media Examiner on improving your marketing. Some are classics, while others offer fresh ideas.
- ‘Hack’ is the buzz word du jour, but don’t let that steer you away from Adweek’s 5 Social Media Marketing hacks you should know (this includes how to sell on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and making ‘shoppable’ Instagram posts).
- As a freelancer, sometimes it’s hard to turn down, or say no to, work. That’s why I loved reading Joseph Walla’s story of a start-up CEO who owned his price & said ‘no’ the right way (the way that draws in business).
- Jason Keath’s idea for generating lots of blog post content is so brilliant I wish I’d thought of it.
News You Might Have Missed (because you were too busy doing real work):
- The New York Times pulled off a state-by-state Facebook posting campaign for Thanksgiving. It’s a really fun idea – check it out.
- Twitter’s photo filters are getting fancier by the minute!
- Google Plus now lets you pin posts to keep them front and center – woot (are you as pumped as I am?!).
- At the close of Q3, Facebook was driving 22% of all traffic, over 3 times that of all other social networks combined.
Lastly, please enjoy these Louis C.K. motivational posters (they may just get you through the week). 😉