Welcome to Social Brew a somewhat regular, curated post full of links you can check out while having your morning coffee. I’ll share links about social media, content marketing, writing, and other posts that are interesting, relevant, newsworthy, helpful or just plain cool.
This Week’s Inspiration:
Say ‘yes’ to what matters and let the rest go (inspired by this post from Zen Habits).
Links I Loved:
- I try not to work from my phone, but realistically (and logistically) that’s a tough goal for full time community managers. That’s probably why this very handy list of the 44 best mobile apps and tools for Social Media Marketers was my most popular post last week.
- I also happen to be perfect, so all my headlines are naturally amazing (sarcasm!!). But, for the rest of you mere mortals, Neil Patel has researched and developed a formula for the perfect headline (hint: It’s just six words long).
- Interested in joining a regular Twitter chat, but can’t find a good one? This HUGE list has tons of options … oh, hey, here’s another giant list. Now you have no excuses (you’re welcome).
- Owned, Earned and Paid. You have the content, now use Kevan Lee’s list of 17 tools to get your content it’s largest audience.
- It’s winter. Prediction posts are coming. Here’s one that covers big changes amongst email providers and email marketing tools in 2015.
- Serial has the nation swept up in podcasts due, in large part, to Sarah Koenig’s amazing ability to tell a great story. Melissa Lafsky says Content Marketers can take away two lessons from Serial’s success:
- Big stakes bring big audiences
- Longform storytelling isnt dead
News You Might Have Missed Because You Were Too Busy Doing Real Work:
- Twitter now lets businesses stuff coupons in their tweets — sweeeet!
- New studies find that 80% of Twitter’s active users are on mobile, and 77% are outside of the U.S.
- Do you see the little pencil icon next to your LinkedIn status box? That means you can write long-form posts! Here are some best practices to help you get started.
- Shut up & take my money!! This alternative tea kettle is eco-friendly AND it boosts your hipster points by like a bazillian.
Also, I participated in NaNoWriMo last month and actually finished! Here are 7 surprising things I learned while participating in the madness.
Lastly, have you tried Google’s new inbox? What do you think? Is it just me or is it sort of hard to figure out?
P.S. Don’t forget to Subscribe to Social Brew and never miss a future issue. Have a happy week!