Welcome to Social Brew a somewhat regular, curated post full of links you can check out while having your morning coffee. I’ll share links about social media, content marketing, writing, and other posts that are interesting, relevant, newsworthy, helpful or just plain cool.
This Week’s Inspiration:
“Sign your work and own the results” – Seth Godin
Links I Loved Last Week:
- “To attain knowledge, add things every day. To attain wisdom, subtract things every day.” – Lao Tzu. I love this reminder from Matthew May on the power of subtraction and the “Art of Adding by Taking Away.”
- You may be launching a startup, or already have an established audience. Either way, these 15 Pre-launch Growth Hacking Ideas are worth a look.
- Where my ladies at?! Recently, while networking and interviewing for jobs around Seattle, it dawned on me that most of my meetings are with men. I’ve worked with many whip-smart and very talented female leaders, but we need to continue to support women in the tech industry. Some even go as far as to say that Our Future Depends On Women In Technology.
- This was my most clicked link last week. If you’ve found a product market fit and are ready to accelerate customer acquisition, you might want to check out this incredibly helpful guide to creating buyer personas by Jun Loayza.
- No tool beats good strategy, but Light Box Collaborative‘s 2015 Editorial calendar has tons of free content ideas and hooks to get you thinking about your 2015 content marketing.
- I’m a literature nerd and poetry junkie at heart, so I loved this very poetic description of great brand stories by Bernadette Jiwa.
- …and then there is everything you ever wanted to know about Facebook Algorithm Factors by the good people at Buffer whom we all adore (p.s. watch this space because these might change any minute. I wish I were joking).
News You Might Have Missed Because You Were Too Busy Doing Real Work:
- Instagram is finally letting users edit their captions. Now you don’t have to stare your your typos and sob like I know you probably do.
- I find this ridiculously cool, so I’m calling it news. It’s a real world button you can use to control your favorite apps. Analog is back, baby! You heard it here first.
- Soon when your boss catches you on Facebook it might not be such a bad thing. To further their clearly evil plot to make us share everything we do, Facebook is making ‘Facebook at Work’ a thing in 2015.
Lastly, please tell me you’re listening to Serial too (I’m lookin’ at you, Karen). Tweet me what you think!
Also, don’t forget to Subscribe to Social Brew and never miss a future issue. Have a happy (shortened) week!