Social Brew is monthly curated post full of links you can check out while having your morning coffee. It contains the goods I find on social media, content marketing, writing, and other stuff that is interesting, relevant, newsworthy, helpful or just plain cool.
- BUZZWORTHY: This week the big buzz has been about two new, easy to use, live streaming apps: Meerkat and Periscope. Both apps are still in their infancy, but Meerkat had a big boost at launch thanks to buzz at SXSW.
- SOCIAL MEDIA NEWS: Instagram ads are now clickable. This is BIG news for marketers who use Instagram to reach fans.
- CASE STUDY: Weird Al Yankovich has been creating crazy, strange, and just-plain-wonderful content for over four decades, and his content marketing genius is still going strong. In fact, his latest album Mandatory Fun debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top 200! Many attribute the album’s success to a very clever pre-launch video marketing campaign. You can read more about his #8videos8days campaign over at Marketingland.com.
- STRICTLY BUSINESS: LinkedIn contain the 6 basic questions: Who, What, When, Where, Why, How. 28% of top posts on
- NEW TOOL: Ever wonder how to get more than one image into a single Instagram post? Instagram finally announced a solution.
- CLICKABLE: My most popular post this week was about Flock to Unlock campaigns which boost awareness, engagement, and help make room for new inventory. Check it out.
Lastly, anybody else just feel like dancin’?
P.S. Don’t forget to Subscribe to Social Brew and never miss a future Content & Social Media Marketing Roundup. Have a happy week!